This show first aired on Brighton’s Radio Reverb on Sunday 28 October 2018. Click on the logo below to listen:
Alternatively, you can catch up on iTunes or Spotify.
Subscribe to make sure you never miss an episode!
This month on Fermentation Beer & Brewing Radio we explore the creativity that characterises much of the contemporary UK beer scene.
Emma visits Wild Card Brewery in Walthamstow, East London. Head brewer, Jaega Wise – a familiar face to many due to her appearances on The Wine Show, and as the singer in London band Hell and Hope – is known for her campaigning around equality and diversity in the beer industry as well as her accomplished brews. She’s an elected director of SIBA and was recently named as one of London’s 1000 most influential people of 2018 by the Evening Standard. Jaega gives Emma a tour of the brewery and a tasting of some of the one-off specials (including one beer that will no doubt be listed in Emma’s beers of the year!).
Also on this month’s show:
- Emma interviews Sim and Brett from the London Beer Factory about their plans to take a coolship on the road. Their crowdfunding campaign runs until Monday 12 November – check it our right here;
- Ben McFarland – one half of the Thinking Drinkers – tells us about their new show, Pub Crawl, and discusses the importance of pubs. Check out all the tour dates here. And find out more about Britain’s Beer Alliance and their Long Live the Local Campaign here.
- Steve Fisher, the man behind the Kitbag Brewery – a revolutionary new homebrew set-up in a bag – encourages Emma to brew up a beer on her kitchen stove. The Kitbag Brewery crowdfunding campaign runs until mid-November – check it out right here;
- and Holler Brewery have just opened a new brewery and tap room in central Brighton – Emma talks to founder and head brewer, Steve Keegan;
- Jane Peyton – resident beer sommelier and the UK’s first cider pommelier – joins Emma in the studio to taste and chat beers.
We taste 3 beers on air:
- London Beer Factory – Paxton IPA
- Holler Brewery – Bevy Beast (Red Rye Ale)
- Wild Card Brewery – Passion Fruit Gose
You can tune into Fermentation Beer & Brewing Radio on the fourth Sunday of every month via Radio Reverb on 97.2FM or DAB+ (in Brighton & Hove) or via radioreverb.com (worldwide). Alternatively, you can catch up via iTunes, Spotify, Podomatic, or wherever you get your podcasts. Make sure you subscribe so you never miss a show!