UPDATE – this show first aired on Brighton’s Radio Reverb on Sunday 25 February 2018. To listen to it, you can catch up iTunes or Podomatic.
The February edition of the UK’s only regular beer and brewing show on FM radio will air on Sunday 25 February at 3pm. It’s a packed show, highlighting some of the very best aspects of the contemporary beer and brewing scene.
On this month’s show:
- I brew a very special collaboration beer with Franklin’s Brewery to celebrate the centenary of (some) women in the UK gaining the right to vote. I brewed alongside Steve to produce a celebratory chocolate pale ale, finished with a massive amount of cacao nibs and a flourish of champagne yeast. The beer is called Champagne Supernova and will be available on draught very soon;
- The charming Dave Carpenter, editor of Zymurgy – the magazine of the American Homebrewers Association – discusses the nature of homebrewing on both sides of the Atlantic;
- I catch up with Unbarred’s Jordan Mower at the wonderful Brooksteed Alehouse. He shares some beery stories and updates us on his work at Missing Link.
- Byron Davies, Chair of Drinkers’ Voice, tells us what this new organisation is aiming to add to the discussion around alcohol and health;
- Beer educator, Nigel Sadler, talks about the importance of education and training, and just what it takes to become a beer sommelier;
- And I talk beer and food matching with Goose Island’s Christina Perozzi and our very own resident beer sommelier, Jane Peyton.
We taste three beers on air:
- Marble Brewery / Ladies That Beer – Tenenet (Saison)
- Tring Brewery – Small Batch India Stout
- Unbarred Brewery – A Black, Clear Night in New England (Dark, New England IPA)